The Week Before I Leave
I leave on Saturday at 8:30 AM. But I have 2 days of Immersion Classes on Tuesday and Wednesday from 8-4. Fun. Here's the schedule:
Global Health and Human Diversity Immersion Days
April 29 &30, 2008
| Tuesday, April 29, 2008 | Wednesday, April 30, 2008 B092 JFSB |
8:00-8:25 Course Intro and Paradigm Shift 8:25-8:50 Student response to N400- Katie Millar 9:00-9:50 Erin Maughan: US Health Care System 10:00-10:50 Elizabeth Garbe, Health Policy Project : Health Care Reform in Utah 11:00-11:50 Clinical group activity- Identify access to health care services within your clinical population. | 8:00-8:20 Cultural Competence Questionnaire 8:20-8:30 Rose Ann Jarret: Pictures 8:30- 8:50 Bias Activity 9:00- 9:50 Violence 10:00-10:50 Jan Van Orman: “Principles of Self- reliance” 11:00-11:50 Clinical Group Breakouts
|
| 12:00-1:00 Lunch on your own | 12:00-1:00 Lunch on your own |
1:00-1:50 Clinical group reports (5 min. top 2 points) 2:00-2:50 Joan Dixon: “Identifying Community Needs” 3:00-3:50 Documentary on Health Care * Complete Homework -Case Study #9 and questions and submit to clinical faculty | 1:00-1:50 Scott Loveless: Impact of Family Structure on Health 2:00-2:50 Debra Mills: Why a Family Perspective to Health Care Issues 3:00-3:50 Clinical Group Breakouts
* Complete Homework- Assignment for day two and submit to clinical faculty |
So it will be a busy 2 days! I am just doing some final touches around here in Provo in the meantime. I have everything as far as supplies goes--except gloves and face masks. But I'll get those one of these days....
So that's the intro to my blog. Feel free to leave messages! I should update this about every day or so, especially when I am gone.
10:47 AM
|
Labels:
Immersion Days
|
This entry was posted on 10:47 AM
and is filed under
Immersion Days
.
You can follow any responses to this entry through
the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response,
or trackback from your own site.
2 comments:
Dang! I can't believe you're out of here in just two days! It's gonna be awesome!
Enjoy the equator!
Post a Comment