First Sunday in Ecuador

So we had church this morning at 9 am. Which was an early morning to a late night. Our hotel room is really nice. And air conditioned. Thank goodness.

Church was great! It was a little hard to understand, but I got the idea. And the members are really nice! The ward had about 50 people or so--at least that were there today. They were really glad we were there and bore some great testimonies. It's really interesting to see how the church is the same no matter where you go in the world. It was beautiful to hear the members bear their testimonies about their beliefs.

The building wasn't terrible air conditioned. The chapel was pretty good. But the other rooms weren't as much. Which made staying awake a little difficult. But I did read a verse for the class in Sunday School in Spanish. And I am happy to say that I didn't butcher it. :)

After church we went home, took naps and then I talked to my parents on skype. It was really good to see them! Now I just need Heath to get his microphone working on his computer so that I can talk and see him. Hopefully tomorrow!

Then we went and walked around the city. There were people everywhere just walking around and talking. Very interesting cultural comparison. We got empanadas at a little cafe. Chicken and cheese. I don't recommend the cheese. The chicken was pretty good though.

Tomorrow we meet at 7:50 in the morning to go to the hospital. We'll take a little tour and then get going! Should be interesting. I hear that the stuff nurses do in the USA is what the doctors do in Ecuador...so i may be in for some interesting experiences!

I'll fill you in some more tomorrow!

2 comments:

Heath said...

Hahahaha! Oh, the cheese. I don't know what it is, but bad cheese must be a universal thing among latinos....

Unknown said...

Don't drink the water! Don't brush your teeth with anything other than bottled water! Make sure you check the bottle cap to insure it hasn't been tampered with. Don't use ice! It comes from the tap.

Other than that, have a great time.